It's fair to say that I'm a touch makeup obsessed (okay maybe more than that). Naturally, I was beyond excited to take advantage of Sephora's VIB sale last weekend and pick up some goodies that I've been eyeing for a while. Click through to read more about all of these products!Read More
Today is the official first day of Spring 2015 so I've decided to share my new favorite lip combination with you. I'm not usually one to pick up anything more than mascara from the drugstore makeup aisle, but these lip products have seriously changed everything I ever thought I knew about affordable makeup. Click "read more" below to see why I love these so much.
I've been drooling over the new eyeshadow palettes from Hourglass since their release about a month ago and I finally decided to take the plunge and pick one up for myself. I've had a couple of chances to try this out so I thought I would bring you my perspective on whether or not the palette is worth purchasing.
First of all the Hourglass Modernist Eyeshadow palette comes in a variety of shades, seven to be exact. Most of the palettes err on the edge of neutral with a pop here and there. You can check out all the colours for yourself at Sephora. All of the palettes are beautiful but the ones that stood out the most to me are Graphite (pictured here), Atmosphere (all matte), and Monochrome. I opted for Graphite because I felt that the shades presented in the other palettes were too similar to others that I have in my collection. I can genuinely say that I do not have the plum-brown, midnight blue, and silver shades in Graphite. These three shades will add variety to my collection so that I can create many more looks. And even though I may have a colour that is very close to the gold shade and the light cream shade is present in nearly every neutral palette I decided that the other shades were worth the purchase.
Now lets get into the pros and cons of this palette!
1. The first thing that drew my eyes toward this product was the packaging. It is so unique and beautiful and it reminded me of sheets of bedrock. I have never seen eyeshadows presented in this manner and I am definitely a fan!
2. The product itself is also amazing. All of the colours are beautiful and Hourglass has created a diverse range that would appeal to nearly everyone. Also, I appreciate the fact that all of the shades in the palette work well together and complement each other.
3. The eyeshadows are very pigmented as you can see in the image above. The formulation is creamy, applies smoothly, and blends seamlessly. The shades can be applied as a light wash or built up for an intense smokey eye.
4. Lastly, the pigment is long lasting on the skin, even the gold and silver glittery shades. There's no noticeable fallout.
1. This palette is expensive! It retails for almost $70.
2. Since the palette is a luxury product, I see it as more of a collection/special occasion piece rather than an everyday product (Although, the colors are so versatile that you could use them everyday).
3. As I mentioned before, I found that out of the three palettes that appealed to me, two had colors that were already part of my collection. Specifically, Monochrome and Exposure are very similar to Urban Decay's Naked 3 palette. And the eyeshadows in Obscura and Infinity can be found in many other neutral palettes like Urban Decay's Naked 1 and 2 and the Lorac Pro palettes.
Personally, I am happy with my purchase because I was able to add a beautiful and unique product to my collection. I do not think that it is a palette for everyone simply because the price point is quite high, but if you are looking to give yourself a little treat, I suggest heading off to Sephora to pick this guy up.
Comment with your thoughts on this product below. Would you buy it?
All the best,
've really only started wearing lipstick in the last year or so, but I have to say that changing your lip color can completely change the emotions you portray. The right lipstick can elevate your look from "blah" to "chic" in a minute. Today, I'll be sharing what, I think, are the essential components for building a great lip wardrobe. Keep reading to see my favorite picks for natural, nude, red, dark, and bright lipsticks.Read More