Get ready to kick those unhealthy dessert cravings to the curb! Today's recipe is perfect for the hot summer months in more than one way. Mango chia seed pudding is sweet, delicious, filling, healthy, and low calorie (keep get you ready for swimsuit season). Mango is by far my favorite fruit and I've been trying to incorporate chia seeds into my diet and so this little treat was born. Chia seeds are great for your health because they contain lots of protein and fiber; specifically, nearly half of your daily requirement for fiber.
Let's get into the recipe!
For 1 serving you will need
1 mango, peeled and cubed
4 tsp chia seeds
3/4 cup 1% milk (or preferred substitute)
1/8 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tsp sugar/honey (optional)
1. Start by peeling and cubing your mango
2. Blend half of the mango with the milk, sugar, and vanilla extract. I used 1% milk because the fat helps to absorb vitamins from the mango, but you can use almond, cashew, or oat milk if you prefer. You can also skip out on the sugar if your mango is very sweet, but mine was a bit sour.
3. Add the chia seeds and mix thoroughly.
4. Add in the remaining mango chunks.
5. Cover and refrigerate overnight. This allows the chia seeds to absorb some of the liquid so they form a puddling-like texture.
Be sure to try out the recipe and comment down below. This would be a great treat at the end of the week and it is an easy dessert that you can prepare beforehand for guests.
All the best,