This classic brunch dish comes together in under 20 minutes and works exceptionally well as breakfast-for-dinner. I love making frittatas because they are an easy way to use up leftover vegetables and can be made with only a few ingredients.
This frittata is a bit different from the crowd with a potato crust and lots of delicious arugula. I also chose to throw on a bit of cheese because cheese makes everything better (but you can always skip that part).
Serves 3 - 4
6 large eggs
1 medium potato, peeled and sliced into thin rounds
1/2 cup arugula
1/4 cup mozzarella (optional)
salt and pepper to taste
1. Peel and thinly slice potato, then boil for 5 minutes or until tender.
2. Meanwhile, set over to broil and whisk eggs adding salt and pepper to taste.
3. Once potatoes are ready, spray an over-safe skillet with cooking spray and set it on medium heat.
4. Lay potatoes down, forming a thin layer. Cook undisturbed for a few minutes.
5. Add arugula to the skillet and then slowly pour eggs on top.
6. Cover the skillet with a lid and continue to cook eggs on medium heat for 3 minutes.
7. Top the eggs with cheese and place in broiler for additional 3 minutes.
8. Serve hot with a touch of pepper.
And there it is, super simple vegetarian and gluten-free dish for breakfast, brunch, or whenever.
All the best,