Get ready for another yummy and healthy recipe that makes a fantastic light lunch, or a great dinner accompaniment. The stars of this dish are juicy and tart pomegranate which I have paired with light and fresh parsley. The base of this salad is bulgur wheat which is filled with fiber so it will keep you full. You can find bulgur wheat in the organic/health food section of your grocery store. The best about this recipe is that it only takes maximum 20 minutes to prepare and you can refrigerate it for a few days.
For 2 servings:
1/2 cup bulgur wheat
1 cup water
3/4 cup finely chopped parsley
1/2 cup pomegranate seeds (from 1/2 large pomegranate) plus more for garnish
1/2 tbsp good quality extra virgin olive oil
1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste
1. Wash bulgur wheat thoroughly with cold water.
2. Bring the bulgur wheat and water to a boil in a small saucepan.
3. Meanwhile, prepare parsley and pomegranate seeds.
4. Once the bulgur comes to a boil, reduce the heat to a simmer and cover. Cook for 10 mins or until all the water is absorbed.
5. Transfer the cooked bulgur wheat to a bowl and allow it to come to room temperature.
6. Add olive oil and fluff in with a fork. Add lemon juice, salt and pepper. Mix well.
7. Toss in parsley (reserve about 1 tbsp) and pomegranate seeds. Mix well.
8. Garnish with reserved parsley and extra pomegranate seeds.
9. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 2 days.