Rain and cold weather got you down? Perk up with a delicious cup of hot cocoa.
Contrary to most fashion lovers, I do not like fall. Yes, you can dress up and wear lots of layers and fall affords the chance to be inventive and try new combinations. That's all good and well, but fall also comes with endless rain, gloomy skies, and general misery (at least in Toronto). If fall weather could include a little more sunshine I might reconsider my distaste for this season.
In my opinion, the best way to cope with unpleasant weather is with a cup full of hot chocolately goodness. Today, I will share my favorite recipe for making hot chocolate from scratch (read: no weird chemical filled powders).
For 1 serving you will need...
1 cup Milk (I used 1%, but you can choose whatever you like best)
2 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tbsp sugar (add 1/2 to 1 tbsp more if you prefer your hot chocolate sweeter)
1/4 tsp cinnamon
pinch of salt
1. Add cocoa powder, sugar, cinnamon and 2 tbsp milk to a sauce pan over medium-low heat.
2. Stir constantly until you reach a chocolate sauce-like consistency; be sure to get rid of all the
3. Pour in the remaining milk, add a pinch of salt and continue to stir as you raise the heat to
4. Allow the hot chocolate to come to a slight boil and then pour it into your favorite mug.
5. Top with additional cinnamon, whipped cream, or marshmallows.
6. Form an addiction and make this every. single. day.
If you try this recipe out, let me know how you liked it in the comments below! Also what are your favorite hot chocolate toppings?
All the best,